Salsa doesn’t just have to be for tomatoes. This fresh fruit salsa is perfect when paired with homemade cinnamon sugar pita chips.
Nothing quite says summer like a big bowl of fresh fruit. If you live in a tropical region, you might even be lucky enough to pick your own! We took the deliciousness of summer fruit and turned it into a salsa. It’s a nice change from the traditional tomato salsa. Plus, it can be a great summertime dessert! Pair with homemade cinnamon sugar pita chips, and you have a sweet treat to end almost any meal!
Homemade fruit salsa recipe
Yields 2 cups
- 2 cups chopped fruit (pineapple, papya, mango, strawberries, kiwi, etc.)
- Juice from 1 orange
- Pick four fruits and use one-half cup of each fruit.
- Juice orange and stir into fruit salsa. This will help to keep the fruit bright in color and help add a bit of sweetness.
- Add to bowl and keep cold until ready to use.
Homemade cinnamon sugar pita chip recipe
Yields about 4 cups
- 4 pita pockets
- Butter spray
- Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut pita pockets into triangles. Pull apart each triangle and put on cookie sheet.
- Spritz with butter spray and dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about eight minutes until crispy and delicious.