These cocktails are inspired by the foods of the midway. Classic treats that we all enjoyed at the county fair as children make fun adult beverages. Cotton candy Champagne cocktails anyone?
Although a big stick full of spun sugar is probably not at the top of our list anymore, a county fair-inspired cocktail should be. These drinks will remind you of the foods you used to love at the fairgrounds.
Pink cotton candy Champagne cocktail
- 1 ounce cotton candy vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon grenadine, plus extra for rim
- 4 ounces Champagne
- Pour a small amount of grenadine onto a saucer and some sugar on another saucer. Place the rim of a Champagne flute into the grenadine, then roll into the sugar.
- Pour vodka and one-quarter teaspoon grenadine into a Champagne flute. Top with Champagne.
Chocolate-covered caramel apple cocktail
- 2 ounces apple pie liqueur
- 1-1/2 ounces caramel syrup
- 1/2 ounce crème de cacao
- 1/2 ounce vanilla vodka
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Pour a puddle of chocolate syrup onto a saucer. Dip the rim of a martini glass into the chocolate.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine apple pie liqueur, caramel syrup, crème de cacao and vanilla vodka. Shake until chilled. Strain into the prepared martini glass.