Waffle recipes for every meal
Celebrate National Waffle Day Aug. 24 with waffles for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert! Whether you prefer the thick and crispy Belgian kind or the dense and chewy Liège, waffles pair well with almost any topping.
Toast to National
Celebrate National Waffle Day Aug. 24 with waffles for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert! Whether you prefer the thick and crispy Belgian kind or the dense and chewy Liege, waffles pair well with almost any topping.
Traditionally, waffles are served at breakfast, but we think they're appropriate any time of day. KRUPS has provided fool-proof tips to make the perfect waffle as well as some tasty recipes for sweet and savory waffles to enjoy all day long.
The do's and don'ts of waffle making
- Do heat your waffle iron at least 10 minutes before pouring the batter in or your waffles won't rise properly, and you'll have flat, heavy waffles.
- Don't mix the batter too quickly or vigorously. Mix slowly and evenly to get the right consistency, or your waffles will be tough and chewy.
- No peeking! Don't lift the lid too early or you will let out the steam.
- Don't use cooking spray on your waffle iron. Do take a basting brush or a paper towel and cover the surface lightly with vegetable oil. Your waffle iron will last much longer, and you'll have fewer problems with sticking. It also helps to produces a better crust on the waffle.
Try these delicious waffle recipes below, compliments of the waffle kings themselves — KRUPS! And don't forget to add your favorite toppings!
KRUPS' signature waffles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Brush oil on preheated waffle iron.
- Pour mix onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot and with your favorite toppings.