Bacon maple crunch bars recipe
There are few things that go together as well as maple syrup and bacon or peanut butter and chocolate. As duos, these flavors knock your taste buds into overdrive with the perfect mix of sweet and salty or rich and nutty. Because these ingredient pairs go so well together, we thought heck, why not mix them all up into one crispy, bite-size square? Which is exactly how these incredibly mind-blowing maple bacon crunch bars came to be.
Crispy bacon, rich chocolate, peanut butter and maple syrup, all mixed together into one delectable bar. The bacon lends just the right amount of saltiness without overpowering the sweetness of the maple and the richness of the chocolate. Trust us, after one bite of this baby, you'll never look at your old candy bars the same way.
Maple bacon crunch bar recipe
Recipe adapted from Yummly.
Yields about 16 bars
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/8 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rice cereal (or corn flakes)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil. You want enough foil so the edges hang over the pan. Liberally cover foil with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, maple syrup and peanut butter in a medium-size saucepan. Put over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Mix cereal and bacon together in a large mixing bowl. Pour melted peanut butter and syrup mixture into the cereal mixture and combine.
- Using your hands, push the mixture down into the pan.
- Melt chocolate in another saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour melted chocolate over the top of the candy bars, smoothing it with a spatula if necessary.
- Chill mixture for at least two hours or until hard. Cut into bars and enjoy!