Gluten-free Friday: Breakfast bagels with mascarpone, apples, blueberries and honey
When you think of breakfast bagels, do you think about the standard toppings? Maybe butter, jam, an egg or even peanut butter? All good options, but why not be on the lookout for fresh fruit, too? This easy-to-put-together recipe for breakfast bagels with mascarpone, apples, blueberries and honey will help you start the day out right!
Oodles of options
If you live a gluten-free lifestyle and do your own baking, you've probably had to do without bagels and other breads more often than not. Now more than ever, there are gluten-free bread products on the market that offer tasty options from pizza to cookies and granola to bagels. Udi's Gluten Free is one company that makes all of those goodies and more. Whether you want plain bagels for this recipe, cinnamon raisin or whole grain, Udi's has you covered!
Check out this recipe for banana, honey and cream cheese Monte Cristo sandwiches >>
Fresh fruit is perfect for breakfast, and using mascarpone cheese is the perfect complement to the Granny Smith apples in this recipe. Add a touch of honey, a few blueberries, and you'll start the day out right!
Try this recipe for blueberry, banana and mint smoothies >>
Breakfast bagels with mascarpone, apples, blueberries and honey
- 2 gluten-free bagels, sliced in half and toasted (Udi's Gluten Free Plain Bagels used for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (one for each bagel)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced (half for each bagel)
- Handful of fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- Honey to drizzle
- Toast the bagels then spread 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone cheese on each.
- Add a layer of apple slices on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle with honey and top with fresh blueberries.
Start the day off right!