Tostadas are typically fried, but the corn tortillas used in this recipe are baked. Crunchy and delicious, baked veggie tostadas are a great gluten-free Friday meal, no matter which veggies you use as toppings!
Ready for tostadas?
Two great things about this recipe? The corn tortillas are baked, not fried (much better for the waistline), and you can use practically any veggie you have on hand. The black beans provide your protein and great flavor as the base ingredient. Layer them with other goodies for a delightful Mexican-inspired meal.
Try this international-inspired recipe for millet “tabbouleh” >>
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
- 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11-ounce can of corn, drained
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup (or a bit more) of diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup of sour cream for garnish
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for about five minutes, watching to ensure they don’t burn. Remove and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for about two minutes, then add the shredded cabbage.
- Add the corn and black beans and stir.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, and mix well, cooking until all ingredients are soft and warmed through.
- Place the corn tortillas on individual plates. Spoon the vegetable mixture, spreading to the edges of the tortillas.
- Top with the shredded cheese, salsa and dollop of sour cream.
Veggie tostadas hit the spot!
More gluten-free Friday recipes to try:
Creamy and light broccoli slaw
Italian-style potato salad
Flatbread with rosemary and sea salt
Leave a Comment