Tequila’s always good in shot form or mixed with lime juice for a margarita. But who says you need to add fruit for the perfect tequila cocktail? Now you can have a fruity tequila without the extra hassle.
Tequila — the classic Mexican liquor that’s delicious as both a shot or mixed into a cocktail. There’s Jose Cuervo, which is both affordable and perfect for making margaritas, and there’s Patron, which is a little pricier but a better choice if you prefer sipping or shooting the elixir with a slice of lime.
Clase Azul falls into the Patron category. It’s more expensive, but oh so smooth and well worth the extra change. While it’s great for sipping, it also makes a delectable mixed drink. And now they’ve created a pomegranate tequila that’s so sweet and tasty, you’ll be hard pressed not to drink the whole bottle straight.
But since mixed drinks are so much more fun, we discovered that while you could easliy drink this tequila neat or on the rocks, it’s even better when shaken vigorously in a cocktail shaker with a few other ingredients and poured over ice. Doing this, makes the perfect (and more interesting) choice when having friends over for a summer soiree.
If you’re having a more casual afternoon party, sangria is definitely the way to go. After all, there’s nothing easier than pouring all the ingredients into a pitcher and stirring it up. And with all the fresh fruit currently available, this absolutely screams summer party drink.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Chianti
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup La Pinta pomegranate tequila
- 1 peach, chopped
- 2 plums, chopped
- 1 cup pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pitcher and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to overnight.
- Chop up your favorite fruits, like peaches, plums, oranges and/or lemons. Place the chopped up fruit in a tumbler. Pour the prepared sangria over the fruit and serve.
If you’re having something a little more high end, like a nice dinner party with three or four couples, why not turn things up a notch by serving something a little more classic? And nothing says classic like a cosmopolitan. The vodka, the martini glass… you and your friends will think you traveled back to a time when pearls and cuff links were standard instead of special.
La Pinta cosmo
- 1-1/2 ounces citron vodka
- 1 ounce La Pinta pomegranate tequila
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for one minute. Strain into a martini glass and serve.
However if you’re having a very special celebration, like a wedding, nothing says wedding reception like a flute of Champagne. While straight Champagne is the classic choice, a bellini or kir royale make for a nice change of pace and add a splash of color and fruity deliciousness to a dry Champagne.
La Pinta Royale
- 1-1/2 ounces La Pinta pomegranate tequila
- Pour chilled La Pinta into a Champagne flute. Top with chilled Champagne and serve.