While it’s not quite breakfast in bed, it’s close! This recipe for slow cooker apricot oatmeal while-you-sleep is easy to make and even easier to wake up to.
Healthy, hearty and good!
Steel cut oats are a great source of protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals, and let’s not forget that they taste terrific! Cooking steel cut oats on the stovetop takes some time, so why not make them while you sleep?
Check out the 10 power foods you should have in your kitchen >>
A slow cooker is the perfect appliance to assist you with breakfast. Mix all the ingredients for this recipe together, head to bed and in the morning you’ll have a healthy, hearty breakfast awaiting you.
Slow cooker apricot oatmeal while-you-sleep
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with the nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Add the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low seven hours.
- Stir and serve in individual bowls.
Start your day off right with a tasty, healthy and filling breakfast!