Serve up slow cooker green chili-chicken enchiladas
Dinner couldn't get easier, or more fun, than this Mexican-inspired, enchilada-style dish. Slow cooker green chili-chicken enchiladas will soon become a favorite thanks to the flavors and simplicity of this dish.
Whether you pop into the grocery store to pick up precooked chicken, or you're looking for something to make with leftover chicken from last night's dinner, this recipe will make good use of it. A Mexican-inspired meal like enchiladas is always a favorite. Toss together a fresh green salad and some cornbread on the side, and you've got dinner ready to roll!
Try this recipe for ultimate cornbread >>
Slow cooker green chili-chicken enchiladas
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 12 (6 inch) tortillas, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray the bowl of your slow cooker with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Use three medium-sized bowls to create separate mixtures for layering your ingredients.
- In the first bowl, combine one can of green chilies, the soup, sour cream, black beans, bell pepper and onion, and mix together well.
- In another bowl, combine the shredded chicken and the second can of green chilies.
- In the third bowl, place your cheese.
- Begin layering the ingredients in the slow cooker by putting down one-third of the tortilla strips, a layer of the chicken, the soup and veggie mixture, then some cheese. Continue repeating your layers, ending with the cheese on top.
- Cook on high for two hours, or low four hours.
This meal is perfect whether you're celebrating something fun or simply serving up dinner on an average Tuesday night!