This fun-and-easy appetizer is perfect for your next backyard barbecue. Simple wontons are transformed into bite-size tacos!
There is no need to fuss in the kitchen when you throw a party. We all know that a great appetizer is necessary, but it's not necessary to spend all evening making them. When you throw a party it's important to spend time with your guests.
That is why we are giving you the easiest, prep ahead, appetizer ever! Spicy taco-seasoned ground beef (or you could use chicken or steak) is cooked inside crispy wonton wrappers and topped with cheese and sour cream. From start to finish, they are ready in under 15 minutes! How is that for quick and delicious!
Wonton taco recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink and add taco seasoning. Follow directions on package of taco seasoning. Set aside once beef is prepared.
- Using a mini-muffin pan, carefully push down one wonton wrapper inside each cup.
- Scoop about one tablespoon prepared beef inside each wonton and top with a little cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the edges of the wonton are brown and crisp.
- Let sit in pan for a few minute, then remove and top with sour cream and traditional taco toppings.