Tonight's Dinner: Spinach and artichoke dip pizza recipe
If you absolutely love hot spinach and artichoke dip as an appetizer when you're dining out, you are going to love this pizza even more. Made on a crispy crust and topped with gooey cheese, wilted spinach and artichoke hearts, each bite tastes just like your favorite dip.
This pizza is the perfect pie if you are craving something a little different. The gooey ricotta, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses blended with the wilted spinach make the absolute perfect topping, while the artichokes and tomatoes finish it off with a tart flavor and unique texture. Forget the dip at your next party, make this pizza instead! Cleanup is a bit easier, too!
Spinach and artichoke dip pizza
Serves about 6
- 1 (12 inch) whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen spinach, cooked and separated
- 6 artichoke hearts, drained fully and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Liberal dashes salt and pepper
- 3/4 (12 ounce) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesean cheese
- Liberal dashes crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread olive oil over crust. Mix ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses together in a medium size bowl. Add spinach, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to the cheese. Mix well. Using a spoon or spatula, spread cheese mixture over crust and cover evenly.
- Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic and more red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Bake pizza for about 10 to 12 minutes on a pizza plate, or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.