With a handful of ingredients this recipe for cold sesame-peanut noodle salad turns into something that everyone will want more of! This Meatless Monday meal has all the flavors that make a favorite.
Nothing beats a refreshing, yet filling, noodle salad for dinner during the summer months. This recipe has everything you need for a great Meatless Monday meal. Pick your favorite veggies to toss in — use carrots, onions or spinach — you can’t go wrong.
Two bonus features to this dish: You won’t need to use your oven, and leftovers taste equally amazing the next day!
Cold sesame-peanut noodle salad
Recipe courtesy of Grab a Plate
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat spaghetti or linguini
- 6 ounces snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (or 1 small pepper), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted peanuts, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When done, drain and rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking add the following to a large bowl: warm water, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Whisk everything together until the mixture is very smooth.
- When the pasta is ready, add it to the dressing mixture along with the bell pepper and snap peas.
- Toss well to coat, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnished with the chopped peanuts.
Twirl up a great noodle salad this summer. It’s perfect for a Meatless Monday meal!