Sometimes when you’re looking for a simple meal to throw together, you end up with a dish that lacks interest. If you’re looking for an easy meal that is super tasty and interesting, try a fried egg and grilled asparagus sandwich for a Meatless Monday meal you won’t forget.
Pick your meal
Asparagus and eggs are a classic combo. No matter how you like your eggs prepared, this sandwich is a great solution for any Meatless Monday meal.
Try this recipe for veggie eggs Benedict with asparagus >
A few good things
The nice thing about this recipe for Meatless Monday is that you can serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s so easy to put together and it’s filling and delicious. Sometimes just a few ingredients are all you need for a great-tasting meal!
Fried egg and grilled asparagus sandwich
- 2 to 4 eggs (1 to 2 eggs per person, as desired)
- 2 sandwich rolls, split in half
- 1/2 pound asparagus, washed, dried and trimmed of ends
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus a little extra
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Arrange the asparagus spears on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roll the spears so they’re evenly coated with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Brush a small amount of the olive oil over the insides of your sandwich rolls.
- Grill the asparagus for about three to five minutes, turning constantly, until grill marks begin to appear.
- As the asparagus is finishing, place the bread on the grill, cut sides down, just for a minute or so, until the bread gets crunchy and toasted.
- Remove the asparagus and bread from the grill and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook your eggs in a skillet, using the nonstick cooking spray, until they are cooked to your liking.
- Add the egg to the sandwich roll, top with several asparagus spears for each sandwich and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
This is a great sandwich for any of your Meatless Monday meals!
More Meatless Monday recipes to try
Walnut, apple and cheddar cheese pizza
Breakfast for dinner on Meatless Monday
Stuffed and grilled Hungarian peppers
Leave a Comment