With summer upon us, we need to say cool and calm anyway we can. Here, we serve up three tasty fruity drinks to keep the sun’s rays at bay.
When it’s hot out, it’s very important to keep ourselves hydrated, however plain water gets boring and fast.
These fruit-inspired drinks are the perfect icy cold remedy for beating the sweltering heat. Great for kids young or old, they are a refreshing way to stay cool.
Old-fashioned lemonade with fresh raspberries recipe
Inspired by tasteofhome
- 1 cup rinsed fresh organic raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar (more or less depending on your desired sweetness)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups water (the less water the stronger the lemonade will be)
- In a bowl add the raspberries and sugar and mash with a fork. Let the berries stand for about 15 minutes.
- With a fine mesh strainer mash the raspberry mixture over the pitcher to remove the seeds. Add in the lemon juice and the water mixing very well. Taste to see if you need to add more sugar.
- Pour into glasses and serve ice cold.
Pineapple ice cream float recipe
- 1 pint good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 2-liter bottle pineapple soda
- Whipped cream
- Fresh pineapple for garnish
- In each of six glasses add two large scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Gently pour the pineapple soda over top of the ice cream.
- Add whipped cream and garnish with fresh pineapple or any other fruit.
Summer cherry limeade recipe
- 2-liter bottle Sprite or 7UP
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- One (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, with juice
- Fresh cherries and lime wedges for garnish
- In a large pitcher, add in the lime juice and sugar, mixing very well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once sugar is dissolved add in the jar of cherries along with their juices continuing to mix. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Before serving, add Sprite or 7UP and garnish the drinks with fresh limes and cherries.