Wondering what to make with the summer’s bounty of tomatoes and lettuce? An easy option for a Sunday dinner is blue cheese BLT wraps. You’ll get the traditional taste of a classic sandwich, rolled up in a tortilla!
Use the season’s bounty
The summer season is the perfect time for fresh fruit and veggies. Lettuce and tomatoes are two favorites that taste terrific in sandwiches, too. If you’re looking for an easy, fun way to use up your summer veggies for Sunday dinner, consider this recipe for blue cheese BLT wraps.
Use your tomatoes in this recipe for Greek-style steak and tomato salad >>
Many options for a classic
Did you know that the BLT is the second most popular sandwich? What could be better for Sunday dinner with the family! These sandwiches are perfect whether you use Romaine, iceberg or arugula as your lettuce, and pork, turkey or veggie bacon options. Add blue cheese dressing instead of mayo, and roll the ingredients up in a tortilla for a fun way to serve an old favorite! Add some potato salad and fruit and you have a summer meal the whole family will enjoy.
Check out this recipe for Cobb salad >>
Blue cheese BLT wraps
- 4 (8 inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 10 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups lettuce of your choice, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Spread about one tablespoon of the blue cheese dressing on each tortilla.
- Layer your ingredients over each tortilla: lettuce, bacon and tomato.
- Roll each tortilla carefully and as tightly as possible. Cut in half and secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
- Serve with a side of potato salad and fruit.
Wrap up Sunday dinner with a classic!