Tonight's Dinner: Asparagus and goat cheese frittata
Frittatas are simple, easy to customize and great for a quick weeknight dinner. This one combines tangy goat cheese and fresh asparagus.
Not sure what to make for dinner? Look no further! This simple-and-easy egg frittata will be your new dinnertime go-to dish. Because it's made with eggs, it's a great source of protein and can be easily adapted to include almost any ingredient.
This one takes fresh goat cheese and pairs it with fresh summery asparagus. It's a match made in heaven!
Asparagus and goat cheese frittata recipe
- 6 ounces asparagus, woody ends trimmed off and cut into two to three-inch pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten (season with salt and pepper if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- In an 8-inch oven safe skillet add a few drizzles of olive oil. Add asparagus and gently saute over medium heat until just starting to soften, about five minutes.
- Pour beaten eggs over asparagus, sprinkle in goat cheese and let cook till set around the edges but still liquid in the center. When this happens sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and put in oven under high broiler setting.
- Once set, about seven minutes, take out of oven and, using a silicon spatula, gently slide it out of the pan onto a plate and enjoy.