Tonight's Dinner: Sweet turkey sandwich
In a rush and don't know what to make for dinner? This sandwich is easy to make and big on flavor!
Dinnertime can be a mad rush. Kids have practice, dad works late and mom is tired. This sandwich might look basic, but it's filling and delicious! Sweet raisin pumpernickel bread is paired with fresh sliced turkey, homemade Russian dressing and any toppings you can imagine. Avocados bring a nice creaminess to the dish and provide a nice healthy dose of natural fat. This simple dish is also great for summer. It's 100 degrees outside. Who wants to stand over a stove?
Sweet turkey sandwich recipe
Yields 1 sandwich
- 2 slices raisin pumpernickel bread
- 5 slices turkey (thinly sliced)
- 4 slices avocado
- Handful of alfalfa sprouts (any sprout will do if you can't find alfalfa)
- Add turkey, avocado and alfalfa sprouts to sandwich and top with Russian-dressing slathered bread.
Note: Use any toppings you desire: tomato, arugula, cheese, etc.
Homemade Russian dressing recipe
Yields enough for 1 sandwich
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- Mix together until blended.