Gluten-free Goodie of the Week: Fresh mango, coconut and lime ice cream
Fresh fruit, summer and… ice cream! What could be better? This recipe for fresh mango, coconut and lime ice cream uses simple ingredients to create a wonderful, gluten-free, frozen treat.
Ice cream dreams
Who would think to incorporate a coffee creamer into a recipe for ice cream? Since Coffee-mate Natural Bliss creamers are gluten-free, why not? It adds a rich component to this frozen delight, along with a great flavor. In the morning, you can use it in your coffee!
Two times as tasty
If you're looking for something even sweeter for dessert, why not make ice cream sandwiches? The fruit and flavors in this ice cream recipe combine perfectly with snickerdoodle cookies. You'll get twice the fun with one goodie!
Go for summer fun with this recipe for lemonade cake >>
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Fresh mango, coconut and lime ice cream
Yields approximately 1 pint
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) fresh mango slices
- 3/4 cup refrigerated coconut milk
- 1/2 cup all natural Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream creamer
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the mango, coconut milk, Coffee-mate, sugar, lime juice and sea salt in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Spoon the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve immediately or transfer mixture to covered container and freeze to enjoy later.
If you don't have an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture for about an hour then use a hand mixer to blend it until smooth. Freeze the mixture again for another hour and blend again. Continue this process 3-4 times to create a creamy consistency. After freezing for the last time and the ice cream is solid, scoop and serve!
Gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies
Recipe courtesy of Land O'Lakes
Yields 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/4 cups, plus 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend (see below)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon sugar mixture:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Gluten-free flour blend
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together.
- Store the baking mixture in an airtight container and stir well before you use it.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine three-quarters cup sugar with the butter and beat until creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sugar mixture and continue to beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Roll the dough into one-inch round balls, then roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Use ungreased cookie sheets and place the cookies about two inches apart on the sheets.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, or for 8 to 10 minutes.
This gluten-free goodie is really two goodies combined to make one — twice the fun!