Cinnamon dolce frozen coffee
When the warm weather hits, it's time for iced coffee! This simple recipe is perfect for summer and will save you a little cash, since you won't have to make a trip to the coffee shop.
When it's 100 degrees nothing quite quenches your thirst like a cold glass of iced coffee. The best part is that it's not that complicated to make. There are two main ways to make iced coffee.
While heat-brewed coffee may sound easier, it does have its downfalls. If not completely cool, it will melt the ice and create a watered down iced coffee beverage. If you let it cool, it can get that bitter and stale coffee taste that can happen quickly as coffee sits. If you have leftover coffee that you want to use up, consider pouring it into an ice cube tray, freezing it and using the coffee cubes in your iced coffee drinks.
Luckily, you can use the cold-brewed method to get a strong (not watered down!) cup of iced coffee. Also, because cold-brewed coffee never gets heated, it creates a less bitter and smoother iced coffee drink. The best part about cold brewing your coffee is that it's simple and can be easily done overnight. In a large storage container, combine eight ounces (one-half pound) ground coffee and four ounces water. Stir together and let sit, covered, for at least eight hours or up to 24 hours. When your coffee is ready simply strain using a cheesecloth-lined strainer and store your fresh, cold-brewed coffee in the fridge. It will keep for weeks and can be used in just about anything you can dream up. Because this is a concentrate, you'll only need about an ounce in your drinks. Treat it like you would an espresso shot.
Of course you can simply serve your coffee with a little ice, cream and sugar but let's not stop there. You can make frozen blended drinks, flavored iced coffee and even delicious coffee cocktails!
Check out these other delicious iced coffee recipes >>
We recently created a simple frozen coffee beverage that is flavorful and perfect with breakfast or even a sweet dessert. It uses all on-hand pantry items and can be whipped up in no time. What's not to love?
Cinnamon dolce frozen coffee recipe
Yields 2 drinks
- 1/2 cup cold-brewed coffee concentrate
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 or 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar syrup
- 1-1/2 or 2 cups ice or coffee ice cubes
- Whipped topping
* Adjust sweetness level to your own personal taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined and creamy.
- Top with whipped topping and a dusting of cinnamon.
Cinnamon sugar syrup recipe
Yields 1/2 cup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks (add more or less depending on potiency of cinnamon sticks)
- Add all ingredients to a small pot and cook over medium heat until cooked down by about half.
- Let cool and take out cinnamon sticks and store in the refrigerator.