This summer don’t spend all day wondering what to make for dinner. This simple, yet flavor-packed, blue cheese and bacon stuffed hamburger will have everyone singing your praises!
A delicious hamburger is always the perfect summetime barbecue treat. This time, we took a classic and jazzed it up! Stuffed inside this hamburger is not only blue cheese, but also bacon. Then we took a little extra blue cheese and put it on top. It’s a flavorful filling that is sure to impress! But, don’t stop with just blue cheese and bacon. It can also be stuffed with mushrooms, onions and even spicy sausage!
Blue cheese and bacon stuffed hamburger recipe
Yields 4 large burgers
- 1/2 pound bacon (diced)
- 1-1/2 pounds hamburger
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- Hamburger buns
- Fry diced bacon until crispy. Spoon onto paper towel-lined plate and let drain.
- Make four large hamburger patties. Then split each patty in half, making two thin patties.
- In the center of one patty add a little blue cheese and cooked diced bacon. Take the other half of the patty and press it together. Make sure the patties are well pressed together. If you don’t the burger will fall apart.
- Grill patties on the grill or cook in a pan indoors.
- Top with a little blue cheese, let melt and serve on buns.