All the flavors of a churro transformed into bite-sized treats. This super-delicious cinnamon-flavored snack is quick to make using Chex cereal and a few other simple ingredients. This is not only kid-friendly, it doesn’t require any baking and is ideal for busy moms.
Remember the churros you could get at the state fair as a child? Those long, deep-fried doughnut tasting treats covered in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar? Yes those! In this recipe, we have taken all that sweet goodness from the churro and transformed it into a no-bake, bite-sized, mouth-pleasing replica. Not only are these a cinnamon lover’s dream come true, they are a no-bake quick-and-easy sweet treat for all. Make a double batch because you won’t be sharing!
Churro Chex mix recipe
- 9 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a microwave safe bowl add the cinnamon chips and butter and heat about 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir the chips halfway through the heating process and continue to melt if necessary.
- In a large mixing bowl add the Chex cereal. Drizzle the melted cinnamon chip mixture over the cereal and mix very well, making sure everything is incorporated.
- In a large zip-close bag, add the powdered sugar, granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Place the cereal in the bag then close it tightly. Gently shake the cereal in the bag so that the cinnamon sugar coats the cereal. Spread the cereal out on wax paper and allow to cool/dry.
- Store in an airtight container for up to four days.