Tonight's Dinner: Creamy asparagus soup recipe
Sometimes you just need a dinner that is light, fresh and incredibly easy to make. This asparagus soup is perfect for those kind of busy weeknights. Simply heat the veggies in a Dutch oven, blend and serve!
This creamy soup pairs perfectly with crispy croutons or even grilled cheese. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can easily add the sauteed vegetables to a food processor or blender to create the creamy, smooth soup!
Creamy asparagus soup
Serves about 6
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bacon and croutons for garnish
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until slightly browned, about three minutes. Add garlic and cook another two minutes. Add in asparagus and cook until asparagus is browned and a little soft, about three more minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add broth, wine, salt and pepper and thyme. Cover and simmer until asparagus is VERY tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend mixture, slowly adding cream and cheese. Blend on low until mixture is smooth and velvety. Serve with croutons, bacon or enjoy alone!