Nothing says summer like succulent pineapple. Cut it up, grill it, add it to your favorite adult beverage and serve!
Add a mysterious smoky element to your cocktails with grilled pineapple (which is great for munching too).
Grilled pineapple crush
The natural sugars of the pineapple will caramelize to create picture-perfect grill marks.
- 3 fresh pineapple wedges
- 2 dashes pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Crushed ice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grill the pineapple wedges over low heat.
- In a glass, muddle two wedges with vanilla and simple syrup.
- In a shaker, combine rum, lime juice and ice. Shake.
- Strain into cocktail glass.
- Dip remaining pineapple wedge in black pepper and add as a garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Grilled backyard swizzle
Grilled pineapple and pear puree combine to make an unbeatable summer cocktail.
- 1 ounce pear puree (see recipe below)
- 1-1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 small slices Thai chili peppers
- 4 to 5 grilled pineapple chunks
- Make pear puree by pureeing two pears, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons water in blender. Strain.
- Add pear puree, tequila, lemon juice and crushed ice to pilsner glass and stir.
- Garnish with chili pepper and grilled pineapple.
- Serve immediately.
Grilled pineapple mai tai
Transport your guests to a tropical paradise with pineapple kebabs: one dessert kebab works alone, with a side of ice cream or added to a mai tai.
- 1 pineapple, cut into eight wedges, then cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup no-pulp orange juice
- Preheat grill.
- Mix rum, brown sugar, honey and orange juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Thread pineapple slices onto skewers.
- Place skewers on grill and baste with rum sauce.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add pineapple chunks to mai tais, other cocktails or ice cream — or eat ’em right off the skewer!
- Kick back and enjoy!
Coconut grilled pineapple recipe >>
Grilled pineapple Blue Hawaii
Add a smoky pineapple surprise to a traditional Blue Hawaii.
- 1 can frozen BACARDI Mixers Pina Colada mix
- 1/2 cup rum
- 5 cups crushed ice
- Blue curacao to taste
- Grilled pineapple slices for garnish
- Grill pineapple until grill marks appear. Set aside.
- Combine pina colada mix, rum and ice. Blend for one minute or until a uniform consistency is reached.
- Pour into glasses — top with blue curacao.
- Garnish each glass with a grilled pineapple slice.
- Serve with a little umbrella!