Everyone will take a second (or third) look when they see these kabobs at your next party or barbecue. Made to look just like the real deal, there won’t be any leftovers of this sweet, skewered snack.
What to use (suggestions):
- Cherry tomatoes: jumbo cinnamon jelly beans, cherry sours or red gumballs
- Green bell peppers: gummi lime slices or green apple taffy
- Pineapple: gummi lemon slices, banana taffy or candied pineapple
- Mushrooms: marshmallows dusted in cocoa powder
- Orange bell peppers: gummi orange slices or circus peanut candies
- Meat: Snickers Peanut Butter Squares, snack-size candy bars or brownie bites
- Wooden kabob skewers
Unwrap candy bars.
Cut kabob-like shapes from all of the gummi or taffy candies.
With a pair of scissors, snip off the corners of the marshmallow tops to form a mushroom cap. Cut the area below the cap to form a stem. (You’ll need to rinse your scissors often — cut marshmallows are gooey.) Dust marshmallow mushrooms with cocoa powder.
Drill holes through all of the candy kabob pieces. (Yes, power tools are allowed in the kitchen as long as you clean them first!) Use a drill bit slightly larger than your wooden kabob skewers. Again, you will probably need to rinse off your drill bit often because the gummi and taffy items are super sticky. The marshmallow mushrooms do not drill very well. It’s best to just poke a hole in the stem and push them onto the wooden skewer when you assemble the kabobs.
Skewer your candy kabobs however you like, alternating colors, shapes and flavors.