Summer is all about shedding those layers and layers of clothes and, instead, flaunting strappy dresses, bikinis and short shorts. However, not all of us look as good in those two pieces as we do in our chunky sweaters. Of course the way to a better body is through workouts and diet, but that can be a drag. Why not opt for a more fun tactic, like drinking these slimming, skinny drinks with your girlfriends?
These drinks aren’t just pretty, they are slimming! Made with low-calorie ingredients (like strawberries, which have just 50 calories per 1 cup), low-sugar liquors and major superfoods (watermelon helps curb your appetite because it’s mostly water), these drinks will loosen both your inhibitions and those belt-loops!
Skinny watermelon martini
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
Serves about 8
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, diced into cubes
- 4 ounces Voli lemon vodka
- 3 ounces lemon liqueur
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Fresh lime or lemon for garnish
- Place two cups of watermelon in a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining two cups of watermelon in a blender with the vodka, liqueur, lemon juice and ice and blend well. Fill each martini glass two-thirds full with puree, then add about one-quarter cup cubed watermelon to each. Garnish with fresh lemon or lime and enjoy!
Pomegranate and gin spritzer
Recipe adapted from PAMA
- 6 ounces PAMA liqueur
- 12 ounces gin
- 10 ounces low-sugar white cranberry juice
- Fresh lemon wedge
- In a large chilled martini mixer (or pitcher with a top), filled halfway with ice, add PAMA, gin and cranberry juice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain drink into martini glasses or Champagne flutes and garnish with lemon.
Serves about 6 to 8.
- 1 bottle Laurent Perrier Ultra brut Champagne (made with no added sugar)
- About 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Place mashed berries in a large pitcher and add simple syrup. Slowly pour Champagne into the pitcher. The mashed strawberries will rise to the top. Carefully strain the drink through a wire mesh strainer, saving the mashed strawberries. Pour the liquid back into the pitcher.
- When making each drink, place about one tablespoon of muddled strawberries into the bottom of each Champagne flute. Pour strained Champagne mixture over, careful not to stir. Garnish with fresh blueberries or other fruit and enjoy!