A quick-and-easy summer treat that is perfect for the upcoming hot weather. Since they are on a stick, it makes them even more perfect for little ones to enjoy!
This summer look no further for your perfect fruity dessert bite! Frozen bananas are a classic summer treat, but this year we are changing things up! Decorated with sprinkles, graham cracker crumbs and even coconut, these are perfect for a backyard barbecue or even an outdoor birthday party! The best part about these bites is that the little ones can get into the kitchen and help, too! They are so easy and simple you will be wondering why you haven’t been making them for years.
Frozen banana bites recipe
Yields 6 bites per banana
- 3 whole bananas
- Lollipop sticks
- Chocolate chips
- Toppings (graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sprinkles, etc.)
- Cut ends off banana, then cut them into two-inch pieces. Stick a lollipop stick into the middle of the banana slice and set aside on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Put in freezer and freeze for at least an hour till frozen.
- Melt chocolate over double broiler or, carefully, in the microwave.
- Remove bananas from the freezer, dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with topping of your choice. Set back on wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Once all bites have been covered in chocolate and decorated, return to freezer and keep frozen until ready to eat.