Just because you don’t have an ice cream maker doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy soft-serve ice cream at home. With a few simple ingredients you already have in your pantry and freezer, you can whip together a delicious and healthy summer treat. When life gives you frozen bananas make ice cream!
Vegan cake batter ice cream
This simple and delicious soft-serve ice cream is made with frozen bananas. With the help of a food processor, baking extracts and sprinkles, this healthy soft-serve ice cream is ready in less than five minutes!
- 5 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Peel five bananas and cut them into bite-size pieces. Place the bananas in a freezer bag and place the bag in the freezer until the bananas are completely frozen. Place the frozen bananas in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process the bananas for about two minutes. Open the lid of the food processor and scrape down the sides.
- Continue to process the bananas until they are smooth.
- Add two tablespoons of vanilla extract and one teaspoon of butter extract.
- Add one-quarter teaspoon of almond extract and one-quarter teaspoon of maple extract.
- Add one-quarter teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add two tablespoons of agave nectar.
- Place the lid back on the food processor and pulse five to ten times until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add two tablespoons of sprinkles.
- Place the lid back on the food processor and pulse once or twice to mix the sprinkles into the ice cream. Serve immediately or store the ice cream in a sealed container in the freezer.