Tonight's Dinner: Sloppy Cuban sandwich
Sloppy Joes are an easy and delicious dinner. This takes the classic dish to a whole new level! It puts the flavors of a Cuban sandwich in a tasty sloppy form.
Sloppy Joes are a delicious and simple dinner for the weeknight. This time we took the flavors of the classic Cuban sandwich and mashed the two. It's a new flavorful sloppy Joe that your whole family will love. Topped with melted cheese, pickles or even just plain, it's equally delicious.
Sloppy Cuban sandwich recipe
Yields 4 sandwiches
- Olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 pound spicy Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small lime, juiced and zested
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 rolls
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Dill pickle slices
- In a large skillet, heat about one teaspoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add Italian sausage and cook until browned.
- Add the ground pork and cook until browned.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, paprika, coriander and allspice and cook for five minutes. Add the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lime zest and lime juice and mix well
- Stir in the beef broth and tomato sauce and simmer for a couple of minutes until thick.
- Divide meat between four rolls, top each sandwich with one slice of provolone cheese and dill pickles.