No need to fuss with dinner. This simple salad will please vegetarians and meat lovers alike!
Once a week it’s fun to go meatless. This salad is just the meal for that night! It’s sweet, crunchy and fresh on the palate. It combines the flavors of summer and can, of course, be customized to include any ingredient you love. Also, a bit of protein can be added by topping with grilled chicken (if going meatless is not your thing) or even a hard-boiled egg.
Strawberry and spinach salad recipe
Yields 4 salads
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Favorite vinaigrette dressing
- Wash baby spinach and divide equally among four bowls.
- Top with equally divided strawberries, toasted almonds and crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette.