Nothing is more refreshing than a cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. While pink lemonade may induce nostalgic childhood memories, it often relies on food coloring to achieve its rose hue. You can easily create your own pink lemonade at home using a more natural ingredient.
Lavender gives this lemonade a beautiful violet color, and it also adds a unique and soothing herbal flavor. Once you try this natural pink lemonade, you’ll never look back.
Refreshing and floral, lavender lemonade is the perfect summer beverage. Enjoy pink lemonade the natural way.
- 2 tablespoons dried culinary lavender
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 lemons
- 2 cups water
- Combine two-and-one-half cups of water, two tablespoons of culinary lavender and one-half cup of sugar in a medium nonreactive pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for five minutes. Cover the pot and let it stand for at least one hour.
- Using a fine sieve, strain the lavender from the liquid. Place the liquid in a large serving jug and discard the lavender.
- Juice three lemons into the jug and add an additional two cups of water stirring well to combine.
- Refrigerate the lemonade until it is cold and serve with crushed ice.