Tonight's Dinner: Baby greens and fried egg salad
Salad is the perfect weeknight dinner. It's quick, filling and can be customized to satisfy even the pickiest eater.
There is no need to sit around wondering "what's for dinner?" This delicious salad can be done in no time and, because it's topped with an egg, it's an excellent source of protein.
Don't worry if you don't like fried eggs, hard-boiled or poached would work well, too.
Baby greens and fried egg salad recipe
- 8 slices bacon (cut into 1-inch squares)
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups baby greens (washed and dried)
- 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Fry cubes of bacon until crisp. Throw away all but one tablespoon of the bacon grease. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together Champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard and olive oil. Once combined season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, drizzle dressing over baby greens and toss to evenly coat baby greens.
- Divide greens between four large salad bowls, top each salad with the crispy bacon and crumbled goat cheese. Set aside.
- In your pan with reserved bacon grease, warm up grease and fry eggs. Top each salad with one fried egg.