Shrimp and spinach bring protein and vegetables to a pasta dish even the kids will love.
There are so many things you can do with shrimp and spinach. You can saute them, you can bake them into a casserole or you can throw them together with some citrus fruits for a delicious salad. But one of the easiest things you can do is add them to some pasta shells with cheese for a quick dinner that the whole family will love.
Shrimp and spinach pasta shells
- 10 ounces pasta shells
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta in a large pot according to the package directions. About two minutes before the pasta’s done, add the shrimp. When the shrimp are warmed through, drain and return to the pot.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the spinach and cook for one to two minutes until wilted.
- Mix the spinach/garlic mixture into the pasta. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
More Tonight’s Dinner recipes >>
Other shrimp recipes
Deviled eggs with shrimp
Shrimp cocktail bites
White bean and shrimp salad
Leave a Comment