Tonight's Dinner: Chicken tortellini with feta cream sauce
Simple and flavorful. It's the new weeknight dinner of your dreams!
This is a simple and filling pasta dish that will be sure to make the whole family smile. Perfect for a cool summer night and packed full of iron-rich spinach and tangy rich feta cheese. If you cannot find chicken tortellini, cheese-filled tortellini or ravioli would work great, too.
Chicken tortellini with feta cream sauce recipe
- 1 (9 ounce) package chicken tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Few cracks of fresh pepper
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Prepare a pot of water and put on the stove to boil.
- Once boiling add chicken tortellini. Cook for five to eight minutes and drain.
- Add olive oil to pan and cook on medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until soft. Once soft take out of pan and set aside.
- Add half-and-half, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper to the same pan, cooking on medium heat. Heat until cheese is melted and sauce is thick, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. You want to whisk the sauce so it does not burn or scorch.
- Once sauce is thick, take off the heat and add cooked tortellini, mushrooms and handfuls of fresh spinach. Toss together to combine. The heat of the sauce and pasta will help wilt the spinach.