This fun, easy summer fruit tart recipe is a perfect way to celebrate all the patriotic holidays of summer starting with Memorial Day. The best part is that it’s no-bake so no need to heat up the oven!
This dessert will be the showstopper of your Memorial Day backyard barbecue or any festive patriotic holiday! Creamy sour cream and cream cheese are combined to make a tangy filling, then topped with sweet fresh summer fruit. Not only is this dessert delicious, but it is also an easy fruit tart to make.
This summer tart can also be customized to include any in-season fruit. Peaches, raspberries and blackberries are all great choices.
Patriotic fruit tart recipe
Yields 8 slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- 10 large strawberries
- Graham cracker pie crust (recipe follows)
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in mixing bowl until smooth. Add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Spread filling in cooled graham cracker crust. Chill until firm, at least four hours. (Can be made one day ahead if covered and kept in refrigerator.)
- Take tops off strawberries, cut in half and cut out into star shape. Or if you have a small star shaped cookie cutter you can cut the stars out of the strawberries.
- Arrange blueberries over filling. Whisk jam in small bowl to a loose consistency. Gently spoon over berries, decorate with star strawberries and serve immediately or chill up to three hours.
Graham cracker pie crust recipe
Yields 1 pie crust
- 8 whole graham crackers (crushed)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grind crackers and sugar in food processor until coarse crumbs form.
- Add butter and process until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate.
- Bake until crust is firm to touch, about eight minutes. Cool crust on rack.