Strawberry margarita cocktail popsicle
Sure a Popsicle is always a great way to cool down. So why not go for a two-fer and have an alcoholic Popsicle for twice as much fun.
Ready to be cool and get cool? We thought so — grab some sticks and get your Popsicle on! But we're not talking about just any ol' Popsicle; let's talk fruity bites mixed with some of your favorite alcohol. In this case we've taken the ever popular margarita and gotten busy blending and freezing strawberries and oranges for a sweet citrus bite. This summer enjoy your Popsicle with a little bit of fruit and little bit of booze for a margarita Popsicle recipe that will be star of your next barbecue.
Yields 18-20 cocktail Popsicles (2-1/4 ounce Popsicle)
1-1/2 oranges (about 2 medium-size oranges)
12 ounces strawberries (about 12 medium strawberries)
5 ounces tequila
3 ounces triple sec
1. Cut and skin oranges into small pieces. Halve strawberries.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
3. Pulse until pureed, about 30 to 40 seconds. Mixture will be slightly pulpy. Do not strain. The fruit pieces will help the alcohol to freeze.
4. Pour mixture into preferred Popsicle mold.
5. Place foil on top of form and score edges with finger. Using the tip of a knife, gently pierce the foil in the middle of each well to create a hole for the Popsicle stick.
6. Insert Popsicle stick and transfer mold to freezer to set.
7. Remove frozen margarita Popsicles from freezer and run hot water on the outside of mold for two to three seconds to release Popsicles.