Do you love those edible arrangements you see in commercials and magazines? Before you shell out up to $100 for a bouquet of fruit, why not try your hand at making one? This easy creation is not only beautiful, it’s cheap to assemble and makes an amazing gift or addition to a summer spread!
Create a beautiful and delicious bouquet for your next picnic, a birthday party or even a bridal shower. Plus, you can completely customize the shapes to make it unique.
Homemade edible bouquet
Yields 1 medium-sized bouquet
- 1 pineapple, peeled
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, stems on
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- 1 pound fresh raspberries
- Grapes (optional)
- Vase or decorative ceramic pot
- Long wooden skewers
- Fun shaped metal cookie cutters
- Place Styrofoam inside your vase or pot, filling it about two-thirds full. Insert skewers (I used about 12.). Set aside.
- Ensure the pineapple is completely skinned. Then, lay the pinapple down on its side. Using a sharp knife, cut the pineapple into about 1 to 2-inch slices. Then, using your cookie cutters, cut out different shapes. Insert the fruit through the middle onto the skewers. If you’d prefer, you can skewer grapes on first and top it off with the pineapple.
- Then, skewer the rest of the fruit until all the skewers are filled. Display and enjoy!