Fruit and vegetable recipes for the grill
While you're barbecuing steaks and burgers, think about side dishes and desserts, too. These different fruits and veggies make great options for an all-grilled meal.
Not only is summer the perfect time for barbecuing, but it's also the season for luscious fruits and interesting vegetables. Think outside the box and cook your entire meal outside for grilled flavors and minimal cleanup.
These dessert are so easy, you don't even really need a recipe. Just add ingredients to taste for an after-dinner treat you'll want to make all year long.
Grilled peaches with creme fraiche and basil
- Creme fraiche
- Sugar or honey (optional)
- Chopped basil
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Place peaches cut side down on the grill and let cook until grill marks have formed and flesh is slightly softened.
- Immediately top with a dollop of creme fraiche and some chopped basil.
- Note: If you want to sweeten the creme fraiche a bit, mix in sugar or honey to taste.
Grilled banana splits
- Unpeeled bananas
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Make a deep slit lengthwise into each banana, making sure not to cut all the way through. Separate the banana carefully and sprinkle chocolate chips and caramel sauce inside.
- Wrap each banana in foil and place on the grill, cut side up. Cook for a few minutes until the chocolate is melted and banana is softened.
- Top with ice cream and whipped cream.