Not sure what to make for dinner? We have you covered! This simple and flavor-packed menu will have your family smiling all night long.
Ground lamb is perfect way to switch up your usual beef sliders. Lamb has a naturally stronger flavor than beef, so it stands up beautifully to the sharp cheddar cheese and pickled red onions that accompany this burger. If you are not a fan of lamb, beef can, of course, be substituted. However, just remember to always get a quality grass-fed beef or lamb. The reason grass-fed is so imporant is that it tends to contain more healthy omega-3 fatty acids and who couldn’t use a little more of those?
The avocado fries are a nontraditional side, but they pack lots of healthy nutrients and tons of healthy fat. This is something we are all looking for since it’s almost bikini season! Making them even healthier is the fact that they have been baked instead of fried. It also helps keep the outside super crispy and the inside creamy and not greasy. Served alongside is a healthy Sriracha Greek yogurt dip. Perfectly spicy and perfectly healthy.
Lamb sliders with cheddar and quick pickled red onion recipe
Yields 6 sliders
- 1 pound ground lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 6 small slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Pickled red onions (recipe follows)
- Fresh spinach
- Season ground lamb with salt and pepper. Form into six equal-sized patties.
- Grill, pan fry or broil sliders until brown and cooked through to desired temperature. Add cheese and let melt for 30 seconds while still on the heat.
- Add to a small roll and top with pickled red onion and spinach.
* Note: The Sriracha Greek yogurt dip is delicious on the sliders as well!
Quick pickled red onion recipe
Yields 1 pint
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and let sit while preparing the burgers and avocado fries.
- To store add to a jar and top with lid. Keep in the refrigerator.
Baked avocado fries recipe
- 2 ripe avocados (1 inch slices)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut avocado slices and set aside.
- Beat egg and add water. Set up a breading station (flour, egg wash and panko)
- Put avocado slice in flour, then egg wash and then panko crumbs. Put onto lined baking sheet.
- Once all slices have been coated, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and gently mist with olive oil and bake until brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately and with Sriracha Greek yogurt dip.
Sriracha Greek yogurt dip recipe
Yields one cup
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- Sriracha sauce to taste (Thai hot chili sauce)
- Combine ingredients adding as much Sriracha sauce as desired. Just remember, it’s spicy!