Strawberry cheesecake dessert pizza recipe
Forget the ice cream, the taste of summer has a new face, and we're calling it strawberry cheesecake dessert pizza. The sweet-and-salty combo will have you drooling and craving just one more slice.
You don't have to take our word for it that this dish is out of this world. It is actually a prize-winning recipe from Chaelyn Consaul. Consaul took home the grand prize in Auntie Anne's Baking Kit Recipe Challenge and has full gloating privileges over the 95 other contestants who vowed for the prize. You can check out some of the other recipes from the competition on Auntie Anne's website.
Strawberry cheesecake dessert pizza
- Auntie Anne’s Baking Kit
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 (13.5 ounce) container strawberry glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare pretzel dough according to package directions.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Roll out the dough into a 16-inch round and lay over round pan. Cut the extra dough that hangs over the pan and roll into a rope form. Dissolve baking soda (from the kit) in four cups very hot tap water and stir. Dip the ropes into baking soda bath and place around the edge of the dessert pizza as a crust. Sprinkle with pretzel salt (from the kit).
- Spread filling onto pizza.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Melt the butter and baste the crust with it. Let cool for 10 minutes, then place sliced strawberries around the pizza starting along the crust and working inward. Gently spread strawberry glaze over top.
- Melt chocolate chips. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the pizza.
- Chill for one hour before slicing and serving.