Fully loaded veggie quesadillas with roasted hatch chiles
Never feel guilty about eating Mexican food again. These quesadillas are literally loaded with vegetables and are a perfect dinner, especially for picky eaters. Not only are these quick to make, but they are also a healthy option.
Vegetable overload quesadillas
- Nonstick cooking spray, olive oil or butter
- 12 flour tortillas (or any other type you prefer)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn kernels (you can substitute fresh or frozen)
- 2 roasted green hatch chilies (or you may substitute 6-ounce can green chilies)
- 4 green onions, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese mix
- Fresh cilantro
- Lightly oil the surface of a large pan. Place over medium heat.
- Lay one tortilla in the pan and sprinkle a small amount of cheese evenly over it. Add all of the veggies and top with fresh cilantro and a little bit more of the cheese.
- Cook the tortilla about three minutes flipping over and cooking an additional two to three minutes or until the tortilla is a nice golden brown color. Continue with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sour cream or salsa.