How refreshing to drink a tall glass of lemonade while you’re at the pool, the beach or at any other activity — it’s the perfect partner to the summer season. If you love lemonade and dessert, combine the two with this delightful recipe for gluten-free lemonade cake.
Perfect for backyard barbecues, summer celebrations or even a weeknight treat, this recipe for lemonade cake, courtesy of Glutino, is super-simple to put together. The recipe calls for a package of Glutino’s Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix, which helps free up some of your prep time. Garnish this cake with a lip-smacking, lemony glaze and a few lemon slices, and you have yourself a luscious summery treat!
Try this summer treat recipe for frozen banana-fudge pudding pops >>
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free lemonade cake
Recipe courtesy of Glutino
- 1 package of Gluten Free Pantry Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces lemonade concentrate
- 2 lemons for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions and bake. When finished baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- When the cake has cooled, use a fork to poke holes across the top of it.
- Meanwhile, to make the cake’s glaze, add the butter, sugar, vanilla and lemonade to a saucepan, mix together and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and cook the mixture for about four minutes.
- Allow the glaze to cool slightly. When ready, pour the glaze over the cake and allow it to drip into the holes, too.
- Garnish the cake with a bit of confectioners’ sugar and lemon slices.
Nothing beats lemonade on a summer’s day. This cake will be a great treat for a summer occasion.