It’s Mother’s Day, and what better way to have a special Sunday dinner than to prepare something delicious just for your mom! She’ll love this meal of Greek-style steak and tomato salad — it’s an all-in-one meal you can make just for her.
Start and end the day around mom
Many people start Mother’s Day off with special breakfasts or lunches, but why stop there? Round out the day by making mom a special dinner, too! By the time you make it to dinner, your family might want something that’s easy to put together, but that’s still super-special.
An adult or older family member can help with the steaks, while the younger kids can wash the tomatoes or set the table. A perfect way to get everyone (except mom) involved!
Follow these decorating ideas for Mother’s Day mealtime>>
Handmade with love
Looking for a special gift or card for mom? You don’t have to spend a lot of money or buy a lot of items to make your gift special. Think about her style and the things she likes. Either make or pick up a few items that she’ll flip over and create a personalized card and create a package just for her. She’ll appreciate the thought and effort you put into your card and gifts!
Consider a DIY Mother’s Day gift basket >>
Greek-style steak and tomato salad
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into thin half-moons
- 12 large radishes, quartered
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (for the dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (for the steak seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard and 1/2 teaspoon salt and slowly whisk in the olive oil until well combined. Set aside.
- For the steak seasoning add the following to a small bowl: the additional 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powders, dried parsley and cinnamon. Mix them together well.
- Prepare the steak by seasoning it on both sides with the seasoning mixture. Add the steak to the grill for about 8-10 minutes, turning once (or to your preferred doneness).
- Place the steak on a carving board and allow it to rest for five minutes, then cut it into thin slices, cutting it against the grain.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, radishes and feta to a large bowl, then add the steak.
- Drizzle the salad with the prepared vinaigrette and serve.
The entire day and evening belong to mom — make it special for her!
More Sunday dinner recipes to try
Ball park chili dogs
Mediterranean tuna salad in radicchio bowls
Soba noodle stir-fry
Leave a Comment