These chicken kabobs are anything but flavorless. Marinated in a sweet and spicy mix of fresh citrus juices, honey and chipotle peppers, these kabobs are the perfect blend of sweet and heat.
Grilled chicken is good, but it can get very boring very quickly. This marinade creates a spicy sweet flavor that will have you wanting seconds. If you don’t feel like taking the time to skewer the chicken, you can also marinate the whole chicken breast. The only advice I have it is to make extras.
Honey chipotle lime grilled chicken kabobs recipe
Yields 4-6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts in 1-inch chunks
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons good-quality honey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 (10- to 12-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 limes, wedged
- 2 lemons, wedged
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least one hour before adding the chicken to the skewers.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, salt and pepper until well blended to make a marinade.
- Put chicken into a large resealable plastic bag with marinade and refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for three hours, or overnight.
- Skewer chicken on skewers. (Discard any remaining marinade and wrap the end of each wooden skewer with a bit of aluminum foil so they don’t burn.)
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees F (a medium-hot fire).
- Grill chicken until just cooked through and slightly charred, turning often, about eight minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with fresh lime and lemon wedges.