Cinco de Mayo celebrations will soon be in full force – what fun! The warm weather and seasonal celebrations make for plenty of opportunities to delight in cocktails. If you’re ready for the festivities, consider a few lower-calorie cocktails to get you through the season.
Go low-cal when you celebrate!
Consider these cocktail facts for your figure from Forbes.com:
- The average serving of one ounce of 80-proof alcohol contains about 90 calories (before adding a mixer).
- A mixer like orange juice has 56 calories per serving, and Coca-Cola has 105 calories per eight fluid ounces.
- A piña colada contains more calories than a Big Mac.
Sip on these low-calorie cocktails >>
Thankfully, there are a few options on the market to help keep your choices in check! Consider the following.
ACTIVATE is an enhanced vitamin beverage — water that’s packed with vitamins, but no sugar, calories or preservatives. The drinks are naturally sweetened with stevia and come in a variety of flavors like orange, exotic berry, pink grapefruit and more. What’s more, the ACTIVATE bottles include a unique cap design. Big deal, right? The cap is unique for a reason: It helps store the vitamins in the drink separately from the water to keep them fresh and potent. You simply twist the cap to release the vitamins into the water, shake and drink. You’ll also be happy to know you’re sipping from 100 percent post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.
Great for drinking on its own, ACTIVATE also makes a great mixer for drinks like margarita-inspired cocktails! Check out this recipe:
ACTIVATE margarita cocktail
- 3 ounces of chilled lemon lime ACTIVATE
- 1 ounce of premium tequila
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Mix the ACTIVATE, tequila and lime juice together and pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Skinnygirl White Peach Margarita – 100 calories per 4-ounce serving
- Skinnygirl Margarita – 100 calories per 4-ounce serving
- Skinnygirl Sangria – 132 calories per 5-ounce serving
- Skinnygirl Piña Colada – Under 100 calories per 4-ounce serving
- Skinnygirl White Cranberry Cosmo – Under 100 calories per 4-ounce serving
Premixed cocktails that are low in calories and taste divine. What girl could ask for anything more? You’ve probably heard of the Skinnygirl Margarita from author and reality TV star Bethenny Frankel. That’s the drink that started it all for the cocktail line. The Skinnygirl low-calorie cocktail options are seemingly endless, which is great for any lady who likes to watch her calorie intake and still enjoy a festive alcoholic drink.
Check out these SheKnows skinny margarita recipes >>
Premixed Skinnygirl cocktails perfect for the Cinco de Mayo holiday include the classic, ready-to-serve Margarita; the newest and tropically inspired addition to the line, White Peach Margarita; Sangria; Piña Colada; and White Cranberry Cosmo. There is also a wine collection and naturally flavored vodkas.
Raise a (low-calorie) drink to toast the season! You have several options to sip on this summer without feeling guilty. No matter what you choose to drink, always drink responsibly and never drink and drive.