Get ready for Mother’s Day! What better time to make this delightful (and gluten-free) dessert? Your mom will marvel over these cheesecake cups with strawberries!
Many of us will break out the special treats for mom on Mother’s Day. Cheesecake is such a popular dessert, and this version is super simple to put together. Use fresh, seasonal strawberries and Chocolate Chex® cereal to make this gluten-free goodie that everyone will enjoy.
For a special touch, drizzle chocolate on top. If you have gluten-free cookies (think vanilla or gingersnap) or graham crackers, you can use those for the base instead of the cereal.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Cheesecake cups with strawberries recipe
Recipe slightly adapted from Gluten Freely
- 1-1/2 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 (6 ounce) containers Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free strawberry yogurt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (substitute or add raspberries or blueberries)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips for drizzle (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a regular-sized muffin pan (quantity of 12) with paper baking cups (choose decorative ones for Mother’s Day).
- Use a medium-sized bowl to combine the cereal, two tablespoons of sugar and butter. Mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Press about one tablespoon of the cereal mixture into the bottom of each lined muffin cup.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, use a mixer to beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add 1/3 cup sugar and the egg and continue to beat until smooth. Add the yogurt and cornstarch to the cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Spoon about three tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center is jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and allow the cheesecakes to cool in the oven for about 30 minutes with the door closed.
- When ready, remove the pan from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate the cheesecakes in the pan for about three hours, then remove them from the muffin pans.
- Top the cheesecake cups with sliced strawberries (or other fruit).
- If you would like to add the chocolate drizzle, put the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and melt them on high at 10-second intervals until they are melted. Drizzle the chocolate over the fruit topping.
Mother’s Day is a special day, and this is a great, gluten-free goodie mom (and everyone else) will enjoy!