This Cinco de Mayo, leave the frozen strawberry and original margaritas for the amateurs and enjoy one of these unique libations instead! Made from fresh fruit and top quality tequila, these aren’t only out of the ordinary, they are simply delicious!
Throw on your sombrero and grab one of these refreshingly extraordinary margaritas and have yourself a drunken good time this Cinco de Mayo!
Grapefruit margarita on the rocks
Recipe adapted from Foodie Bride
- 3-1/2 ounces premium tequila (I used Patron Silver)
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 limes freshly squeezed
- 7 ounces grapefruit juice, low sugar
- Sugar for rim
- Fresh grapefruit
- In a chilled martini mixer filled halfway with ice, add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and grapefruit juice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain drink into a small glass with a sugar rim filled one third of the way with ice. Garnish drink with a fresh piece of grapefruit and lime and enjoy!
Frozen cantaloupe margarita
- 2 cups frozen cantaloupe cubes (1/2 medium melon)
- 4 – 5 ounces premium tequila
- 3 tablespoons sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cantaloupe for garnish
- In a large blender, pulse frozen cantaloupe, tequila, sugar and lime juice until smooth. Add additional tequila or sugar to taste.
- Serve in a margarita glass with a sugared rim and a skewer of fresh cantaloupe and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 medium size papaya, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup premium tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Lime for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Boil for two minutes, and then remove from heat. Add simple syrup (sugar mixture) to a blender. Add in papaya, lime juice and tequila and blend until smooth. Mixture will be thick so add ice and blend for a frozen cocktail or serve over crushed ice!