Delicious shrimp scampi recipe
Shrimp scampi is one of the most popular Italian dishes out there. In fact, it's now so popular it has its own day, April 29! It's no surprise it's such a big hit -- the use of fresh juicy, plump shrimp and a decadent buttery, garlic sauce is the perfect mix. To help you celebrate this delicious day, here's a recipe with a nice, zesty kick!
The great thing about shrimp scampi is that it serves as a base and you can add and garnish it with whatever you'd like! Red pepper, Parmesan cheese and sauteed mushrooms are all good options! Pair this decadent dish with a crisp glass of white wine and enjoy your Shrimp Scampi Day!
Zesty shrimp scampi
Adapted from Simply Recipes
- 1 pound shrimp, fully cooked
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high and add in butter and oil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the olive oil and butter. Add in garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about two minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook until just soft, another three minutes.
- Add the shrimp and heat about a minute. Pour in wine and coat the shrimp and mushroom mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil for about two minutes.
- Toss shrimp and mushrooms to coat, remove from heat and add in parsley, red pepper, salt and pepper. Garnish with freshly shaved Parmesan and enjoy!
Happy Shrimp Scampi Day!