When you’re planning a party on a budget, there are so many things you really wish you could have, but have to cut due to the price.
When I was planning my wedding last year, the big thing that had to be cut was adorable edible favors to leave with my guests. If you are budget planning and can’t live without tasty treats to give your guests, try one of these easy, DIY edible favor recipes. Not only are they cute, but they are extremely budget-friendly.
If the thought of assembling one more DIY for your big day is giving you anxiety, don’t sweat! Enlist the help of your bridesmaids, family members or friends! Plus, each of these favors can easily be knocked out in a weekend since they require little preparation.
Mini milk chocolate boxes
These adorable, milk chocolate hearts are the perfect favor for a wedding or party around Valentine’s Day or early spring. All you need to package these are cute little boxes, some fun colored tissue paper and cute ribbon to spruce it up. To make these more gourmet, drizzle each one with colored chocolate or royal icing.
Yields 10 pieces
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Decorative icing
For the directions and a cute way to package these deliciously sweet candies, check out this article here on SheKnows!
Spicy trail mix containers
These spicy, citrus nuts are the perfect favors for summer parties because of the seasonal ingredients. Made from a mixture of nuts, orange peel and chipotle seasoning, they are the perfect mix of salty, spicy and sweet. If you don’t have 100+ ramekins to package them in, simply pour a handful of the nuts in cellophane plastic wrap, tie with baker’s twine and add a fun, festive tag!
One batch yields 10 (1/4 cup) servings.
Recipe & photo from Eat Yourself Skinny.
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Whisk together orange zest, orange juice and large egg white in a bowl. Stir in pecans, coating well. Add in sugar and chipotle seasoning, mix well. Spread mixture in a single layer in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for one hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool completely. Stir in dried fruit.
Hot chocolate Mason jars
This is a perfect favor for chilly winter parties, like Christmas get-togethers and New Year’s Eve. To save even more money on the jar packaging, ask your friends and family to save all of their jars (jam jars, pickle jars, you name it) so you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on fancy Mason jars! Plus, that way, each jar is different! Depending on your jar size, you can give each family or couple just one jar, which will save in cost!
- Hot chocolate packets
- Depending on the size of your jar, pour two to four packets of hot chocolate into the jar. Cover the top with marshmallows. Cut a piece of fabric so it covers the top of the jar (with overhang) and place the top of the jar over the fabric. Tie baker’s twine around the body of your jar and add a cute tag with instructions.
Keep the adorable favors part of your wedding and still stay within budget with these great party favor recipes!