Environmentally-inspired Earth Day cocktail recipes
You recycle, drive a Prius, have a compost bin in your backyard, buy only organic vegetables and have even started biking to work. You definitely deserve a big pat on the back from Planet Earth (or Al Gore) for giving back.
So this Earth Day, celebrate your eco-friendly lifestyle by sipping one of these Earth-inspired cocktails out of a recycled glass.
These environmentally-inspired cocktails, like the deep blue sea martini and the greentini, are the perfect way to celebrate the lovely planet Earth. However, watch out for those mudslides, those suckers will knock you out.
Blue Sea Martini
This delicious concoction gets its beautiful blue color from the addition of blue curacao. Although this may look like the beautiful ocean, it certainly doesn't taste like it (thankfully) and instead tastes like a tropical island vacation.
- 1-1/2 ounces lemon vodka
- 1 once blue curacao
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup light white cranberry juice (try this)
- Lime and lemon for garnish
- Mix all of the ingredients in a chilled drink mixer filled halfway with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain drink into two chilled martini glasses and garnish with your favorite fruit!
Frozen Mai Thai
There's no better way to enjoy Earth's beauty than to sip a drink inspired by one of the most beautiful places here. Enjoy this frozen twist on the popular favorite as you close your eyes and pretend you're sipping this on a beach instead of in your cramped suburban kitchen.
- 2 ounces coconut rum (like Malibu)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce citrus rum (like Bacardi Limon)
- 1-1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce cherry rum (try Coconut Jack!)
- 1/2 ounce maraschino cherry juice
- Cherries for garnish
- About 1 cup ice
- Place ice in blender and add the rest of the ingredients (except for the cherries) in and blend on high until mixture is smooth.
- Serve in a chilled glass and garnish with cherries or your favorite fruit and enjoy!
One of the biggest environmental pushes these days is to "go green," and what better way to do so than to sip on a lovely green cocktail? But don't worry, this drink doesn't taste like a plant -- it just looks like one!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1-1/2 ounces apple pucker
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the lime wedge) in a chilled martini mixer filled halfway with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain liquid into a chilled martini mixer and garnish with a fresh lime!
In a real life, a mudslide is nothing to rejoice about, but in cocktail world, it's actually quite a delicious drink! However, if you aren't careful, this strong, deceptive drink will knock you right on your butt, sort of like a real mudslide would!
- 1-1/2 ounces vodka
- 1-1/2 ounces coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 ounces Irish creamer (like Baileys)
- Chocolate drizzle
- Drizzle melted chocolate along the inside of a wine glass. Chill for at least 10 minutes so chocolate sets.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a chilled martini mixer filled halfway with ice and then shake. Strain into the prepared glass and enjoy!
Who said cocktails couldn't inspire an environmental movement?