Pita chips are usually reserved for a midday snack either by themselves or dipped in some hummus. But if you add them to a salad, you not only get some great crunch, you get a filling dinner salad that’s better than most.
Pita chips are a favorite midday snack for both me and my son. We love them by themselves but adore them when dipped in ranch or hummus, so when My Recipes suggested adding them to a salad, I knew it’d be a winner. I’ve had chicken salads before, but adding the chips gave the salad an awesome crunch and a wonderful flavor unlike any salad I’d had before. While my son wasn’t into the baby spinach, he lapped up those chips and cheese with no problem whatsoever. With results like those, and warmer days around the corner, this is one salad I’ll definitely make again.
Chicken pita salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bunch asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups pita chips
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- Place chicken in a large salad bowl.
- Boil a pot of water over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook until bright green, about two minutes. Drain and shock with ice water. Chop and add to the salad bowl.
- Add the cheese, tomatoes, pita chips and spinach. Drizzle the dressing over and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Other pita recipes
Chicken mozzarella pita pockets
Garlic pita chips
Pita Parmesan cheese bread